Tips on how to stay health and fit during pregnancy
Every woman desire to stay healthy as well as physically and mentally fit throughout her pregnancy period. In order to stay healthy and physically fit, pregnant women have to make several lifestyle changes such as exercising,eating healthy foods and drinking plenty of water. Such changes will improve not only the mother’s health but also the health of the child. Here are some of the best healthy pregnancy fitness tips that every expectant mother should observe during pregnancy.
1. Exercise regularly. Exercising during pregnancy is essential to your health as well as that of your child. Low-impact exercises such as walking, jogging swimming and cycling keep muscles active and also keep you physically and mentally fit. Besides that, exercising promotes muscle tone,reduces back pain,boosts your mood reduces body acne and strengthens your muscles. Also, exercising while pregnant encourages healthy fetal growth , enhances child delivery,and makes you recover fast after delivering. However, while pregnant it is advisable to avoid high-impact exercises such as soccer, gym and long runs as these exercises might cause injury.
2. Eat healthy. While pregnant, it is very important to eat a balanced diet. Eating healthy balanced diet increases your energy, boosts your metabolism and improves your productivity. Besides that, a healthy diet keep you physically and mentally fit, makes you happier and also provides essential nutrients and minerals required for proper growth of your child. The best food to consume during pregnancy include, fresh fruits, vegetables, organic meat,grains, high protein foods and high fiber foods such as black beans and green peas. Also, if you were on a fertility supplement such as FertilAid for Women vitamins, it might be time to switch to a different prenatal vitamin so be sure to ask your doctor what’s the best option for a prenatal supplement.
3. Get sufficient sleep. Resting and sleeping while pregnant is essential to your physical and mental health.A deep Sleep relaxes your mind and helps to maintain your mental fitness.Besides that, good sleep during pregnancy gives your body enough time for proper child growth and also makes you feel better.While pregnant it is advisable to sleep for at least eight hours and also avoid taking sleeping pills unless when prescribed or approved by a doctor .Not to mention, it is also recommended that a pregnant woman should sleep on her left side since doing so will relieve pressure on her back, and prevent circulation cut off from a major vein connected to her uterus.
4. Drink plenty of water. Drinking plenty of water while pregnant is not only beneficial to your physical and mental health but also to that of your child.Water helps to maintain body fitness,cools body and removes toxic wastes. A human body comprises of about fifty to sixty percent of water hence it’s important to keep replenishing it by drinking water to avoid dehydration. To stay hydrated, it is advisable to drink about fifteen cups of water per day. However, the amount of water that you are required to drink may vary depending on your weight and other physical exercises.
5. Get regular prenatal checkups. During pregnancy, it is advisable to get regular prenatal checkups from a qualified prenatal care physician, a family doctor or a certified midwife. Such checkups will help to monitor your child growth as well as your pregnancy progress. Besides that prenatal care doctor can monitor your health and advise you on what diet or exercise to take in order to stay healthy and fit.
Conclusion. In summary, it is clear that many women desire to stay healthy and maintain both their physical and mental fitness during pregnancy. There are several strategies available to achieve such a goal. However, in my opinion, the above healthy pregnancy fitness tips are not only workable, but are also practical, and therefore I highly recommend them to every pregnant woman.